Skip to main content

What are your regular activities to maintain healthy mind, body, heart and spirit amidst challenges that you are dealing with? (Essay by Lourenzo Manimtim)



What are your regular activities to maintain healthy mind, body, heart and spirit amidst challenges that you are dealing with?


    The experiences, the struggles and the problems brought to us by the COVID-19 pandemic had make a significant impact in regards of our physical and mental state of health. The problems and the issues faced in the pandemic had put enormous stress, anxiety, and depression on many people. The COVID-19 pandemic is a formidable and an invisible force that had bring disaster and death to many. It is a trial that all people are challenged — a challenge that every man must overcome. To beat the stress of the pandemic I do many activities that can help to cope up and strengthen myself during these times of crisis.

    To keep myself busy and to always make myself strong in mind, body, heart, and spirit I do these fun activities to deal with the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. In every weekend and twice a week during weekdays I manage and take care of my mini farm where I grow several plants. I grow ornamentals, vegetables, fruits, and root crops. I have snake plants, which are said to be a lucky plant this year! And is said to absord bad omens, I have lots of talong! And last January, I have planted more veggies such as Kamatis, Bell Pepper and Kalabasa. I have fruits! I have papayas and calamansi which are ready to harvest. I also own young fruit trees which is yet to bloom. I have 2 avocado trees, a duhat and guyabano tree. I plan to plant and grow melons in the future. Lastly, my favorite of all—the root crops! Whereas I planted peanuts and kamoteng kahoy. My kamotes and peanuts are healthy! And I cannot wait to harvest them in June and October! Yikes! That is a long way to go. Tending my mini farm and becoming one with nature is relaxing and an effective stress reliever for myself. I always water my plants to make sure they don’t dry.

    Other than my nature activities I love to play online games such as Roblox, Call of Duty Mobile and many more, I also read and listen to music and audiobooks, the book I am reading right now is entitled The Partners by Louis Auchincloss it is a novel that has collection of many stories about the lives of lawyers living in contemporary United States of America in the 70s. I also read books about economics and business. The music that I am particularly interested is pop, OPMs and American Hits. I also listen novel narrations in audio books my favorite book would be the Mark of a Thief by Jennifer Nielsen. And aside from Novels I listen to remarkable audiobooks: Sun Tzu’s Art of War, A Little History About Economics, Jazz Legend: Louise Armstrong, Art of War: Strategies for Selling and many more. And lastly, I am planning on reading my Digital Books about Law, International Law, International Relations, Philosophy of Law, International Business Plan, The Common Law and Human Rights.

    Since high school I have always dreamed to become an International Lawyer, I want to go on International Courts and defend my countrymen. I wish to represent my country in international organizations like the United Nations (UN). I also desire to sow peace and diplomacy through international relations between countries. I wish to defend my country and fight China’s advances in the West Philippine Sea through International Law and prevent wars like what is happening in with the conflict between Russia and Ukraine. I believe that if the Filipinos will unite and strengthen as one, I know that the Philippines can be strong! And rise as a powerful nation with God’s divine grace.

    “A Journey of a thousand miles, starts with a single step” – Lao Tzu

    I am aware that my road to becoming an International Lawyer is a super long way to go and there can be many challenges and trials that is waiting for me in the future. But even though in all my dreams and aspirations in my life. Those cannot be possible without God. To make resilient and make my mind, body, heart, and spirit strong amidst all my challenges—I pray. I praise God, I ask for forgiveness, I give my thanksgivings and I offer him my wishes. I know and I acknowledge that God is the greatest and the most almighty I believe that with God nothing is impossible. Through him and in him that we can conquer and win any challenges of our life and climb to rise and fly to our dreams.

    “For the LORD shall be your confidence and shall keep your foot from being taken.” - Proverbs 3:26

    Blessed Be God Forever!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The “I” and “My” by George Herbert Mead: A Reflective Essay by: Lourenzo Manimtim

            The “I” and “Me” and the Generalized others, of George Herbert Mead, focuses on the effects of the significant others in the development of our perception of the self. In contrast to the study of Charles Cooley, where he believed that the other people are the ones that play a significant role on how we view our selves. Mead instead focused on the significant others, the significant people that may influence to our perception of the self and how those people thoughts of us changes across the lifespan. The special people which Mead refers are the closest people to us, most especially our family, relatives, peers and even your loved one. Mead’s theory highlights the effect of the significant others, their influence in our life to what they expect us to become. In this theory of the social self, we will understand the views, thoughts and expectations of society had of us and how it affects the development of our self. “I” is the individual identity of a person and our pers

THE PHILOSOPHY OF THE FILIPINO DEMOCRACY | By: Lourenzo Manimtim

  THE PHILOSOPHY OF THE FILIPINO DEMOCRACY   By: Lourenzo Manimtim The state of the nation depends on states of citizens, and a nation is governed by leaders and the leaders are elected by the citizens. It is not a very big surprise to see usual the political situation of the Philippines, shown in the media are the rampant cases of corruption, incompetence of leaders, violence, and greed.   Most politicians operate by their own interests, primarily the traditional politicians, the large and corrupt big political families that rule the power and government in our country. And many of these families are fat dynasties, with their greed of power and wealth they leech and drain the country of its resources. But aside from the fat dynasties, there also other ordinary politicians that use their power for their own interests. But amidst the current situation we cannot take for granted that there are also good politicians that loyally serves and loves their country and the society.   But if

Is Taiwan a State? | Reflection Paper by Lourenzo Manimtim

  Is Taiwan a State? A Reflection Paper by Lourenzo Manimtim   The island of Taiwan officially known as the Republic of China (ROC) is a  country  in  East Asia , at the junction of the  East  and  South China Seas  in the northwestern  Pacific Ocean , with the People's Republic of China (PRC) to the northwest,   Japan  to the northeast, and the  Philippines  to the south. The  territories controlled by the ROC  consist of  168 islands with a combined area of 36,193 square kilometers (13,974 sq mi). In world politics, Taiwan is a highly controversial and a heavily disputed country with both of which the Republic of China (Taiwan) and the People’s Republic of China (Mainland China), claims Taiwan to be their territorial right and adheres to the implementation and unification of China through the One-China Policy, where both countries claims that the unified China is their own rights. The People’s Republic of China views Taiwan as an inseparable entity and important part o